BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM PIE
Banana Split Ice Cream Pie turns the banana split Summer staple into a fabulous family-sized dessert recipe that everyone will love!
Author: The Gracious Wife
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 1½ cups fine graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 T sugar
For the Pie Filling
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 5 bananas, mashed
- ½ pound of strawberries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple (canned is fine)
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- An additional banana, sliced
- Start by adding your strawberries and 2 teaspoons of sugar to a bowl. Stir to combine, and refrigerate. This will give them a chance to juice up a bit.
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a mixing bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Add butter to the graham crackers and stir until coated.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9-inch pie pan. Use a flat bottom glass to flatten the crust.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool completely before adding filling. You can stick it in the refrigerator to speed it up a bit.
Banana Swirled Ice Cream Pie Filling
- Mash 5 bananas in a mixing bowl. Add ice cream and gently fold in the bananas. You want it swirled, not fully incorporated so be gentle!
To Assemble Banana Split Ice Cream Pie
- Add the banana swirled ice cream mixture to the pie pan with the graham cracker crust. Spread evenly and return to the freezer until hardened.
- Just before serving, remove pie from the freezer.
- Add your pineapple in the middle of the pie. Then a circle of the juiced strawberries around the pineapple. Then the sliced banana around the outside of the pie.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the pie. Add whipped cream and cherries. Serve cold.